Which eCommerce payment gateway will you integrate to your online store and why?

I think it will be one of such gateways as PayPal Pro, Braintree, 2Checkout or Stripe.
There is a huge amount of different, I have read about all of them here. But I stopped my choice on the above-mentioned.
What do you think? And which one do you prefer?

4 Likes

I prefer PayPal Pro. It is the most popular and almost available in every country.

1 Like

Hello, Galyna! You are right, there are a lot of payment gateways. And it’s sometimes so complicated to choose a certain provider. I’d also advise to think of Authorize.net, Klarna, SagePay.
Here is the guide on how to choose the best payment gateway for your e-commerce business - https://whidegroup.com/blog/how-to-choose-a-payment-gateway-for-your-online-store/.

1 Like

There are a lot of payment gateways in the market these days. People like us struggle to find the right fit for our online stores and often go for the popular option i.e PayPal. In light of recent experience, I believe that Stripe is the best option (which is often unappreciated). Stripe has a Strong Customer Authentication when it comes to the payment security. Here is a detailed guide about its integration and security on popular platforms i.e Ruby on Rails

I would recommend PayPal because PayPal is a name that needs no introduction. It is not only one of the most popular online payment gateways there is, but it’s also one of the most reliable and secure ones at that. It is accepted by millions of brands and is used in almost every single country on the planet.

Depending on region and users.
If you are targeting local region where you live, you should look to integrate solutions that people use.
If you are looking to expand to other regions, you should do some research on which payment methods people are using most in that region, then check what other payment tools are available.
As well find the balance between budget, time and urgency.

1 Like

I’d also recommend integrating a cryprocurrency payment gateway to the e-commerce store. Why? Cryptocurrency solutions become popular among e-commerce and retail businesses. That’s why it’s better to provide the best possibilities for your customers.
If you don’t know what solution to use or you want to develop a custom one, you need to hire a web development team with experience in developing such types of extensions.
Here, for example, is the case study of cryptocurrency payment gateway integration for the most popular e-commerce platforms. Read and inspire :trophy: