- Usually, my feed and newsletter contain things that they want to promote. Aka paid subscription advertising, aka articles with stars.
- My followers told me that they didn’t receive notifications when I publish my new article.
Hey thanks for sharing, I definitely relate to things that disconnect the contributor from their community. The good news is, our success or failure over the next year+ has little to do with how medium works; it has a lot to do with how we make hacker noon work better than it does today.
What is the best way to notify subscribers that you’ve published?
I think there can be 3 different methods.
- add notification to the “bell” - like it is on Medium
- weekly notification to email(with option to disable this feature if user don’t want to have it)
- main HN feed and section at sidebar where new articles from people that you follow will be displayed
I just saw this and i’m upset. I need to moveout from medium quickly
To hackernoon, of course! (going sleep, this is why so much youtube)
Maybe they should adopt a better business model. But if the paywall works for the Wall Street Journal, maybe it will work for Medium.
I’d like to think that since there are many authors on Medium, a better option for Medium would be something like Patreon, where readers can choose which authors get paid from their membership have some revenue share between Medium and its authors.
The idea of having an in-app feed of creators you follow, similar to how you can look at all of the new YouTube content from channels subscribed to, is the best designed approach.
The user can get latest content when they want rather than having their phone or email cluttered with notifications. If power users would like notifications / emails it should be an easy opt-in. Meetup.com allows users to choose notifications on a per group basis which is nice, although it is opt-out instead of opt-in.
for my perspective
writer program is unfair they receive money from PayPal and paid for writer with Stripe
writer who live out of country that Stripe support can’t join program if they anti PayPal why use it? should use Stripe for all process
and goodthing for Medium is editor so far I fall in love they editor is simple ,fast ,wyswyg