- Usually, my feed and newsletter contain things that they want to promote. Aka paid subscription advertising, aka articles with stars.
- My followers told me that they didn’t receive notifications when I publish my new article.
Hey thanks for sharing, I definitely relate to things that disconnect the contributor from their community. The good news is, our success or failure over the next year+ has little to do with how medium works; it has a lot to do with how we make hacker noon work better than it does today.
What is the best way to notify subscribers that you’ve published?
I think there can be 3 different methods.
- add notification to the “bell” - like it is on Medium
- weekly notification to email(with option to disable this feature if user don’t want to have it)
- main HN feed and section at sidebar where new articles from people that you follow will be displayed
I just saw this and i’m upset. I need to moveout from medium quickly
To hackernoon, of course! (going sleep, this is why so much youtube)