What is the most resourceful animal?

Hacker Noon already has a cat as a mascot. In my mind, the cat represents the internet which is an important platform to so many developers. But what is the best animal to represent scrappy, resourceful developers?

0 Likes

time is the most resourceful animal. if time is not an animal, maybe a keyboard is. animal, right.

0 Likes

If we are loosely defining “animal”, my vote goes to Mother Nature. She can morph into many forms. Today she is a polar vortex, tomorrow she might be a crisp Spring morning somewhere in the Rockies.

0 Likes

If we’re going with a more literal interpretation, I’ll go with a crow. They can use compound tools!

0 Likes

I’d have to go with squirrels. I’ve seen squirrels jump from tree to tree, sometimes 20-30 feet, and grab onto the nearest limb on a weeping willow, swinging like a pendulum and clawing their way up. I’ve also seen them run from my dog, which is no mean feat – my dog is sneaky, and fast. Plus, they store food for the winter – that’s resourceful. I personally like squirrels, so I’m a bit biased :smile: but I think they’re quite scrappy.

0 Likes

Octopi are apparently pretty resourceful…

2 Likes

Sticky top nav becomes the headline (and category)

Rats, rats are the most resourceful animals. Roaches are not animals, but they’re extremely resourceful…

1 Like

Dogs and Cats take number one spot as they’ve tricked an entire species into taking care of their every need, including their dirty business. It’s admirable really.

After that, Honey Badgers.

2 Likes

I agree, cats! One of our contributors has written a great post about giving your cat a performance review ahah! https://hackernoon.com/a-guide-to-giving-your-cats-their-annual-performance-review-fbf14610305

2 Likes

There’s a gigantic south-american member of the weasel family called a tayra. They are known for picking and storing unripe plantains and returning to them when they are ripe.

4 Likes

The Koala is one of the most resourceful animals I know of. The seem to have all of the necessary koalifications.

1 Like