What are your opinions on Progressive Web Apps?

Do you think they fill up a space between Native Mobile Apps and Traditional Web Apps ? Does this aforementioned place really exist ?

I think they’re a great idea, the line between native and web apps will have less and less importance as network connectivity spreads and transfer speeds increase further - if you can load an app almost instantly over the web then it isn’t necessary to have it conventionally installed.

I feel they work well because they still provide the more pleasant experience of an installed app vs. a page in a browser while taking advantage of web technologies like lazy loading and easy install procedures straight from the site itself.

There are even people aiming to merge OS with the web too, taking it even further…

3 Likes

In my opinion,yes PWA will fill that space, it’s like websites on steroids :slight_smile:
They are more suitable for certain projects than native apps are,moreover it is easier to update and promote.
That’s why I believe that future will depend on PWA, even when I know that progressive web apps aren’t perfect yet.

2 Likes

Nowadays, Progressive Web Apps become more and more popular. Despite they have more benefits than native mobile apps and, let’s be honest, they are profitable, there are only medium and big companies who use PWAs - Lancome, Jumia, Twitter, MakeMyTrip, George.com, Trivago, MakeUp, etc.
Unfortunately, small businesses don’t see a need in PWAs. Let me prove that Progressive Web Applications are useful for any type of e-commerce business:

• PWAs work offline. As an active user of Play Market apps, I hate 2 things: when my internet connection is low, and native mobile apps start to crash. when apps take to much memory. PWAs has solved the problem with working offline.
  • Require no installation. At times when every byte of the phone memory is worth its weight in gold, no installation option looks like a solution. With a PWA, users can download an app directly onto their device. It gets its own icon on the screen, while avoiding the slow and complex installation process. This dramatically improves the user experience.
  • Backed by Google. Google love PWAs: it wants more websites to be built upon PWAs, encouraging the continued development of “app-like” experience, and preferring sites to be virtually indistinguishable from native apps.
  • And the sweetest point: comparatively Low Development Cost. Developing both an Android and iOS app can cost $25k – $80k while progressive application can be developed for a fraction of this cost – at around $7k – $20k, depending on the style and functions you include.

That’s my point.
If you are interested in to know more about PWAs, and their benefits, look here.

1 Like

Progressive web apps useful to users from the very first visit in a browser tab, no install required. Progressive websites are rapidly growing in popularity as a way to build apps with JavaScript, CSS, & HTML that have a level of performance.

I highly recommend to build Progressive web apps. Here is more disclosure about Why we build Progressive Web Apps?

1 Like

Progressive Web Apps bridges the gap between websites and mobile apps. They promise offline capabilities as well as improved speed and performance.

Definitely Progressive web apps fill up a space between Native Mobile Apps and Traditional Web Apps because…

• Progressive web apps have the functionality of both websites and mobile applications.

• They work online and offline and can be fully functional in both aspects.

• They deliver better performance than both websites and mobile applications.

• Some browsers automatically prompt users to install the progressive web app for them.

• Developers don’t need to submit the progressive web app to app stores and wait for the approval.

in 2019 Google recommends to convert your website to PWA. Visit this website it is a sample of PWA Website Development in Toronto