Stack Overflow CEO Steps Down and Posts Epic Job Ad

“It will not be easy to find a CEO who is the right person to lead that mission. We will, no doubt, hire one of those fancy executive headhunters to help us in the search. But, hey, this is Stack Overflow. If there’s one thing I have learned by now, it’s that there’s always someone in the community who can answer the questions I can’t.”

I hope their next leader comes from the community and not the headhunter.

3 Likes

foreshadowing? :thinking:

well if it gets us a candidate this overqualified, maybe I should replace myself? *Update, the role has been filled, twitter reports:

03%20PM

1 Like

:sob:

As long as Joel Spolsky is still involved in some capacity, I’m not too worried about Stack Overflow going downhill. If he’s completely severing ties though…I just hope the community will step up. Stack Overflow and Github are the two most important sites for devs in their day-to-day work – I’d hate to see Stack Overflow go down a bad path.

1 Like

He’s becoming Chairman of the Board.

1 Like

True. I just hate to see a situation like what happened with Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear Solid series. After he became executive producer or whatever role he stepped into, the quality of the games suffered. It just changed things for the worse. I know it’s a weird example, but it’s the first thing that came to mind.

I like the dog, would have been a great candidate aha!

1 Like