Share a tech story idea here!

Here at Hacker Noon, we believe that ideas are best when they’re discussed openly and built upon. We want to hear your best, your worst, your wildest story ideas!

1 Like

I was thinking about writing a series of posts about hacking growth in businesses that usually depend on biz dev for leads (i.e. those cold emails/phone calls), I don’t know one company who wouldn’t want to shake the ‘cold’ out of emails and phone calls, or get rid of them altogether, and I’ve been playing with it for some time now.

For those with experience in this field, It’s a real challenge, not to mention the black hole it is for newbies…

Let’s talk about this a bit, would love some stories from your experience here and will feature your story on the post…

2 Likes

I’ve just submitted a story to you guys about the “Four Horsemen of the Cryptocalypse”. It was obviously primarily about blockchain, but the theme was biblical and it was super interesting to write as I got to research two areas at once - I’d really recommend putting a spin on articles like this to make them interesting for both readers, and as a writer.

1 Like

I’ve just started a story “lets talk about the color green for a minute…”

5 Likes

Modified mine…need probably more than a minute though :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never written a story before, but I’ve been working on this Social Media type site here: http://www.chancesforanswers.com/test-site/index which uses a SQL relational database to record “follows” “likes” “comments” programmed with AJAX and PHP. I would like to write a story about my experience working on this.

Or maybe just a story about making income solely through freelancing on UpWork ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I am new here, an investor. The article/tutorial about NodeJS on AWS made me a huge fan!

1 Like

That’s super interesting! I’ll have to keep an eye out for that draft. I imagine the research led to some cool places. Personally, I’ve done a lot of reading on pretty much all the most popular religions, so this speaks to me on a visceral level. Great stuff!

:laughing: I had to post that, sorry.

In all seriousness, I’d love to hear about your experience! In particular, why did you choose PHP? Which frameworks did you use, if any? What sort of architecture did you employ? What does the deploy process look like? The UpWork article would be popular too, I’d bet. Either way, sounds like you’ve got the bones of a solid story there!

1 Like

I just finished an article for ETC Labs that announces the creation of OpenRPC

Do you think it’s a good article for Hacker Noon too?

Another idea I had was to write an article that included other tools that were built for all blockchain development - but I haven’t found much material yet

Awesome article! I like how you neatly summed up the problem, and presented the solution. I’m all for anything that makes building dapps easier, so more power to you.

I imagine it would be hard to find those resources, those tools built for blockchain development – the field is still budding, not yet in full bloom. Maybe you could build those tools, and write about them! You’re off to a great start here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Austin! Should I submit it?

Absolutely! When it doubt, send it out. :wink:

1 Like

Excellente! Will do fo sho

I’m thinking of using a different title too…

“Who Builds the Building Blocks for Building Better Blocks?”

Nice! I think it could be shortened to “Who Builds the Building Blocks?” (it reminds me of “who watches the watchmen?”). Just my 2 cents :slight_smile: titles are always difficult.

1 Like

Great suggestions and I took the title!

Just submitted the article

1 Like