Published post missing original source [resolved]

Hi,

Thanks for publishing my story. Here’s the link https://hackernoon.com/practice-this-second-order-thinking-hack-to-start-making-better-decisions-ww4r3u0x

I have also mailed support@hackernoon.com.

I noticed that the link to my original article has not been mentioned at the bottom of my article. It should be “Previously published at https://www.techtello.com/second-order-thinking

This has been added in my other article. Kindly get this added at the end of the article.

Thanks,
Vinita

I just added it

Hi @arthur.tkachenko,

I cannot find the link in the article. Where is it added?

Thanks for your help,
Vinita

Hi @arthur.tkachenko,

Can you please check this once at your end. I do not see the link in the article.

Thanks,
Vinita

if you open your story draft - you should see a line that i added

This story has already been published. I can’t see this draft anywhere. Is the change not published?

its maybe cache or something. i just opened your draft url - you should have it in your dashboard

yes it was cache - can see link on my side

Hi @arthur.tkachenko,

I have listed 2 separate issues in 2 different threads.

1. Managing up article: this one has “previously published at the bottom” but canonical tag to my original source is missing
  2. second order thinking: previously published link at the bottom of the article is not there. I checked in incognito window also and the change is not showing.

Please check both these issues.

Thanks,
Vinita

This change is not showing at my end even in incognito window. It’s a published story. Shouldn’t I see it in my published story?

Hi @arthur.tkachenko

This is a different article. Here the issue is of canonical tag missing while specifying a link to the original article.

Thanks,
Vinita

I also see it from draft view

Hi @arthur.tkachenko,

What’s the draft view for a published article. In my dashboard, this article is only showing published without this change. I don’t have a draft version of this?

Shouldn’t the change be applied to live article?

Thanks,
Vinita

draft view is a place where you editing your story before submission to review.
yes, it should be displayed on live article as well. but sometimes content get cached and have some delay with changes.

This is why i showed you screenshots that i see links in draft more - it means content is saved and when cache will be updated - it will be visible to our readers.

If i want to check draft of my published stories i opens dashboard -> published stories and link on edit link

Hi @arthur.tkachenko,

I can see it now. Really appreciate your help.

I have raised another issue which is very important. My article on managing up is missing canonical tag - this should be seen when I do inspect element
“link rel=“canonical” href=“https://www.techtello.com/managing-up””

It’s showing for second order thinking article, but not for managing up article. Can you please check it?

Thanks,
Vinita

i think its same issue with cache, I see it on my side

Hi @arthur.tkachenko,

I will check this again in a day to see if it’s resolved and update you. Please do not close the thread till then.

I really appreciate your support.

Thanks,
Vinita

ok, let’s wait