Open Source Contribution > Tech Internship?

https://instagram.com/hackernoon

1 Like

it’s actually how i’m teaching students. they help me with small issues that i’m lazy to do and they get a real world experience

This can be a hard road if you’re only contributing to get a job. IMO, contributing to a project that appeals to you personally is a better fit.

Another related option is to “intern” for yourself and release your own project. What you’re doing there is creating a portfolio of projects that demonstrate your expertise.

@timClicks the reason why it better to work under someone roof is because you also learning to communicate and solve real problems. so it’s more about social skills - that you cannot develop, playing with your own project. especially when you begginer and can be confused by anything

“ I often compare open source to science. To where science took this whole notion of developing ideas in the open and improving on other peoples’ ideas and making it into what science is today and the incredible advances that we have had. And I compare that to witchcraft and alchemy, where openness was something you didn’t do.” - Linus Torvalds

1 Like