Node.js vs PHP: Which is better for web development?

Node.js vs PHP: Which is better for web development?

Web development seems to be a diverse & ever-changing field. New technologies and tools come up regularly, due to which app programmers and developers have to face the dilemma. They get confused between the long term and mature solutions & the new upcoming ones.

I would say whatever you are more comfortable with, or understand better.
I believe I have used Node.js in classes, (it looks and sounds familiar), and seems a little harder to understand.
PHP though, I have used and ABSOLUTELY HATE IT. It didn’t want to work with me, even when I did everything right. (Ugh)

For my experience, I would try to use whichever one you see as ‘easier’. Easier meaning you understand how to code it, and how to use certain features, rather than which one just seems easy.
I have trouble learning some concepts of certain programming languages, so I would look up tutorials on how to use both and which one you understand. :slight_smile: Hope this helps!

1 Like

“PHP provides the developers the freedom to combine HTML with the language syntax that makes it even harder for them to extend the PHP apps” LOOL? every program language provides this kinda freedom. i cant find a good article about the differences between them.

AdonisJS was made based on PHP’s Laravel.

2 Likes

I have 14 years of experience as a PHP developer, I’ve seen all kinds of JS frameworks come and go, honestly, PHP is getting better with every new version, specially PHP7 and the new upcoming PHP 8 with JIT. We PHP developers don’t see a need to be bouncing between JavaScript frameworks… its pure madness with all the noise out there about Node JS.

HTML5 CSS3 and a little of JavaScript, PHP and MySQL can deliver any project without the need of rediscovering the wheel.

Progressive Web Apps will eventually take over a lot of the market. I still don’t see the need to go crazy trying to figure out if “I want or even need” to jump into some new fancy and immature tech to meet my needs or my client’s requirements.

To me, it’s all about productivity and reliability.

1 Like

Node.js is better when compared to PHP web development when you look for a long term and scalability. We are one of the top Mobile app development companies in Chennai and we have faced this problem of scalability and upgrading our client platform.

Regards,

Kapildev | Director
Team Tweaks Technologies Pvt Ltd