Monetization?

How do we get rich? Or supplement our riches? Or replace our mundane 9-5?

Thx

2 Likes

I’m not rich so I wouldn’t know. But a lot of tech ppl seem to think this is the way:

Ha-ha, funny man.

I have some family nonsense to attend to but I’d specifically meant how might we monetize the platform in future releases?

@Hackerhodl @David I have a solution to this issue… if you can approve https://app.hackernoon.com/drafts/mintmecom-replacing-patreon-with-crypto-revolutionary-monetization-methods-for-content-creators-ifgg344m8

Has anyone else asked a similar opinion? I’d love to show them this article if/when it’s published :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. this topic should be discussed.
I get feeling that we talk here about it and i alsoget feeling that it will be adressed, when most buzzing things, aka migration will be done.

Cusious to hear position and plan from David about it.
And hope it’s part of strategy

1 Like

Thanks @arthur.tkachenko mate. I’ll tag you in my Facebook post on HN contributor network that outlines my solution to this tricky issue in the meantime :slight_smile: You should sign up and create a token and see how it works.

Actually I may as well paste the contents of my draft here, too - and I see you liked my post on FB, thanks :slight_smile:

MintMe com: Replacing Patreon with Crypto Revolutionary Monetization Methods for Content Creators

Folks,

It’s not often I trump a horn about something that’s not exactly one of my bots or associated services, but I’d found a platform that allows you to create your own free tokenization for your content creation or services - it’s based on a blockchain that their team actually developed, allowing a ton of freedom and room for them to grow and perfect their service position and offering.

Enter MintMe com, allowing anyone to create and sell their own token to their supporters - with a roadmap that plans to promote a whole bunch of additional features and functions that will make it a one-stop shop to monetize your online efforts.

Do you write for HackerNoon com? Medium com? Do you blog or otherwise create written content for publication and consumption by the masses? Do you create educational blockchain-based or YouTube video content for syndication of your ideas or thoughts, tutorials or services?

Enter tokenization. When there’s no clear direction for how to make money from your efforts - and when ads won’t make you nearly as much money as you deserve - why not ask your raving fans to support you with as much (or as little…) funds as they can afford to lose - and then allow those supporters to later buy or sell their investment, so that they can potentially symbiotically benefit from your long-term success? All of a sudden your fans are now backers and contributors to your overall cause :slight_smile:

The platform is far from done - check out this conversation I had with their admins in their Telegram:

Jarett Dunn: I have a number of content and service streams I was looking to tokenize - maybe your platform can help with that. What features, functions or abilities do your tokenized streams allow? Dividends / revenue sharing? Voting?

I created a token and there’s loads of functionality that could be used to improve the platform - like I’d mentioned, voting or revenue sharing would be good starts. At present there’s not much achieved except creating a token against a currency I haven’t heard of on a trading platform where 1 out of the top 550 tokens have traded last 24 hours. There’s huge potential here but the roadmap needs revisiting before it can add value. Anyone can create a token on myriad platforms for eth, eos, and etcetera, which are recognized coins - or hire someone for $50 on UpWork to create them a custom token or coin with barely any other extra effort - how does mintme stand out? what does it offer? how does it facilitate the content creator and their bid to raise funds for themselves? It’s not tough to code additional functionality and allow people to achieve or do more with their tokens, according to WEB functionality which I’m not presently aware of. A custom token #, address allocation and vesting, token burning, token creator auto-buying the book on a schedule, subscription model pricing and sell/buy orders, or minting,… etc are all great ideas that would add to your value statement.

How do these tokens achieve adoption? Where else are they traded? How do I send them on-chain somewhere else? There’s huge risk in having all my eggs in one basket, in the counter-party sense… and it’s not conducive to the mission statement. There’s also 0 value in any token that can’t be transferred elsewhere off a platform.

What prompted the decision to use WEB? Wouldn’t the purpose be more easily driven with an Eth or EOS token and a small token creation fee to cover fees or gas? this would open up the ability to transfer, trade, potentially list on many other + any decentralized exchange.

juice:admin @jare we are now working on adding those tokens to blockchain via a click of a button along with many other things you talk about, but it takes time. There will be option to deposit or withdraw your tokens from mintme of course. “hiring someone for 50usd” won’s solve the problem that such token, when created is not on any exchange. Besides most people don’t have expertise or time to do such stuff. On top of that, we are building features similar to patreon that will encourage content creator and their supporters to use our platform

@jare we are authors of Webchain, this gives us ability to make changes in code of blockchain for the purpose of mintme. We did that only recently releasing new webchaind that adds functions like editing smart contracts code if certain conditions are met (This functionality was not available originally in our code)Overall, we have control over blockchain code if we have our own coin, we are compatible with ethereum so we are going to use innovations they implement and use them in creative way on mintme.

juice:admin @jare MintMe com is under HEAVY development, many things you mention will be implemented eventurally

There you have it - a successfully built and operational POC that delivers a use-case that enables the everyman to earn from their crowdfunded supporters, across any industry and to any end.

What does this mean for you?

In places where it’s tough to figure out how to monetize - get rich, supplement riches, replace mundane 9-5 - I offer you a novel approach to achieve these goals: Tokenize. Embrace the crypto revolution and raise funds from people around the world who truly support you and want to share in the risks and rewards associated with your enterprise!

1 Like

I was thinking that you have an idea that HN should find a source for monetizing views and pay to authors :slight_smile:
But now I get it more

1 Like

I think one of the main pushes for HN 2.0 was to avoid paywalls and other such nonsense.

I did hear some rumors ie. at one point somebody had mentioned giving us access to email addresses of our subscribers, but I’m unsure what happened with that idea as there may have been privacy concerns…

There’s loads of different ways to monetize and grow an audience, but tokenization allows a few key benefits:

1. you can raise somwhere between what’s reasonable and the far reaches of your imagination, selling a % of your shares at regular intervals for progressively more and more
  2. your backers now have tokens, which are fraction ownership (or whatever you choose for them to represent) of your brand, platform, service, revenues…
  3. leading us to #3, certain types of tokens can be used to share revenues among token holders
  4. in a true exercise of democracy, one can also warrant ballots from tokenholders to achieve consensus on items that are submitted and voted on to be voted on in the main round of voting - meaning any question, option, or item you might want to consider or that the group may want to consider can be done so fairly and in aggregate, based on % vested interest (driving up price…)
  5. in a certain type of ecosystem that’s centered around the content creator, other perks like Patreon-esque tiers and recurring subscription payments can propel a brand and enterprise further

Like I’d mentioned in my above post, MintMe.com already supports or will support all these features :slight_smile:

I did voice my opinion that HN 2.0 would benefit from being a tokenized blockchain ecosystem of it’s own - creating an infrastructure like steemit.com where readers and vested tokenholders could exert financial influence on the stories that are submitted and approved. If we can’t achieve that, at least at this stage, we should look at tokenization on the author level :slight_smile:

1 Like

My link got some love :slight_smile: was that you @arthur.tkachenko?

not sure, I think it someone else - i’m here, reading your comment

i like an idea about tokens/patreon, etc stuff.
But my main concerns was always - i just don’t want to think about it - i want just focus on content and do it with my pace.

This way have a lot of problems, and maybe when I become more smart - i’ll shift my opinion. But at this time i wouldn’t start my token. maybe it’s not smart, but …

Ahh, no problem. I think this does solve the immediate problem of how to raise funds indl any content network - not just HN. Ad revenues on AdSense and YouTube are a rough way to earn a living but if the folks that truly believe in you can contribute what they can afford and then have the upshot of potentially selling that stake or part of it for more in the future - sharing in your success - then everyone wins :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t blame you! Valid concerns!

When the internet was first monetized ads had a huge role in how content creators of all shapes and sizes created income for themselves. With the Advent of ad networks and rotating ads that displayed relative content, you could set it and forget it - and concentrate on your content.

Nowadays, people are ad blind and earnings for ads are down across all channels. Ad blockers are becoming more and more smart and common. Even YouTube, one of the largest video ad networks in the world, only pays a few cents per THOUSAND views!

So, I offer tokens… with the solution I linked above, you can set it and forget it… Set up a token, and a sell order to start your sales, then advertise the link to your token. If someone wants to buy or has any questions, or asks you for help, you can refer them to the mintme team… because you already set it, already forgot it :slight_smile:

i100% sure that this is how it will work in future.
same like a kickstarter - patreon is a great way to support small creators.
with 6 months ago buzz around patreon - there a lot of people switch into something else.

hope it will support a lot of people that passioned about their dreams and work! God bless internet for that

That’s why lots of people like to talk about crypto like it’s Web 3.0 :slight_smile: always enabling the Everyman, banking the unbanked… by definition!

1 Like

Hey @jare, just reviewed, please try to make headlines less exaggerated in future stories. Here’s our simple approach to more direct headline writing.

Story’s live :slight_smile:

You could put your mintme buy token as the call to action and link on your hacker noon writer profile.

the unbanked would need computers or expensive smart phones money for bills and electricity for crypto.

Good link