Launching Postwoman v1.0 ๐Ÿ‘ฝ - free, fast & beautiful alternative to Postman ๐ŸŽ‰

Launching Postwoman v1.0 :alien: - free, fast & beautiful alternative to Postman :tada:

So, hereโ€™s how Postwoman happened.

Great story! I think i upvoted at PH and star GitHub repo. Keep going! will be happy to see your next story with updates

1 Like

This kinda support is what makes open source community priceless

1 Like

Do you have some un-common ways that you might want to share with our community? I mean what was done differently by you - that is not usually concidered as default paths? curious to see some insights

Thatโ€™s a nice question. What came to my mind first wasโ€ฆ
I always tried to limit my technical aids to minimum. That is: Itโ€™s a fact that I donโ€™t have a laptop. I either code from my work space or from my friends PCs.

This makes me spend more time either in work space with my colleague or with my friends. It helped me to build a good network and friendship in my social life even as a developer. This is something most of us miss or give least priority.

Since I donโ€™t have a laptop (I was very financially backward, which why I couldnโ€™t even afford to buy a laptop) I never got a chance to work on a better system than my 7-year old PC. But this always helped me. I built Postwoman because my PC couldnโ€™t afford to run another Electron app like Postman or any such apps. So, I was forced to make a lightweight, fast and better alternative. The same thing happened for my other projects such as Books, it was a Google Books clone. I made that because, Google Books site took around 2 mins to load (weโ€™ve a poor internet connectivity). Books loads the home page in 2 seconds.

I would love to speak more on this. May be Iโ€™ll write an article on this. Who knows.