Is Freelance Anarchy The Future of Freelancing?

Is Freelance Anarchy The Future of Freelancing?

If history has taught us something that has to be this - all great empires have fallen from within.

1 Like

It’s very important article for me personally.
Thank you for doing this. It looks like very time-consuming.

I failed as freelancer and I’m still have bad emotions with Upwork.
So when I see how many people leaving it or when Chineese developers with great skills reaching me in desperate feelings, because they all get banned - it hurts.

There still a lot of “coding money” lies outside of freelance marketplaces.

A lot of dev companies in Ukraine started as freelance profiles at Odesk/Upwork. But most of them, growing, will move out asap when they get that chance.

Because it’s hard to go against all other engineers around the globe.

1 Like

To invest seven years in Upwork and then leave, that was time-consuming my friend.

You and I, we still haven’t failed as freelancers. Upwork doesn’t defines us as freelancers.

What Upwork is doing to freelancers coming from the third-world countries is “freelance genocide,” the purge of the worst kind.

Kudos to Ukraine! That country is a synonym for top quality developers.

1 Like

I just decided to explore being product developer. and it’s challengin after trying to please clients :slight_smile: it require for me a different type of thinking.

I’m actually following GitCoin - looks like it can be a next big marketplace and with crypto approach i think a lot of freelancers will like it.
it growing a bit slower than I expected.

thank you for your kind words about our developers. we have good coding skills/cheap hr, but we strugling with sales, and recruiting :frowning:

1 Like