Invisible Barriers That Prevent You From Learning Web Development and How to Break Through Them

Invisible Barriers That Prevent You From Learning Web Development and How to Break Through Them

The hidden cost of frustrating, demotivating web development MOOCs!

1 Like

Great content :slight_smile: ya abdelrahman :blush:
I am so happy because at the end of the article I discoverd that you are Egyption.

1 Like

You definitely have me re-thinking a little bit. I’m a non-CS major, working my way through the front-end “languages”. I’ve been working for months on CSS and JavaScript. I told myself that I really needed to understand the core languages before I started using pre-CSS and frameworks. I can see your point that these tools/frameworks are the way things will work moving forward though, so why not start there.

1 Like

If you mean Precompilers, then as I said, the learning curve is minimal, and it can be used exactly as normal CSS and get fancier incrementally.

If you mean CSSgrid and Flexbox etc… then there is nothing more fundamental to learn, they ARE native CSS, there is zero upside to learn the old way unless you plan to work with internet explorer, which is an edge case and makes it a subject for advanced studies not introduction to CSS!

1 Like