Integrate Bootstrap 4 and Font Awesome 5 in Rails 6 [A How To Guide]

Integrate Bootstrap 4 and Font Awesome 5 in Rails 6 [A How To Guide]

Rails 6 is out for few months now, I happen needed to do a project with it. But I found I can’t use the same way to integrate Bootstrap 4 & Font Awesome 5 in Rails 5 in my new project. Because in Rails 6, it start to use “webpack” as default Javascript complier.

In the ~ Move sass to webpack section, the folder path should be app/javascript/stylesheets/ instead of app/javascript/packs/stylesheets/

Keep up the good work :call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, updated!

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for writing this article! I appreciated the step-by-step instructions. It helped me set up bootstrap and font-awesome-5 in Rails 6.

I think there is a small typo in this line “First, create following folder app/javascript/packs/stylesheets/”. I think you mean “app/javascript/stylesheets”.

I look forward to reading more of your writings! If you know an easy way to develop in dark mode, it’d be great to see a tutorial on that.

Thanks,
Nancy

1 Like

Thanks, @nancy-trinh, glad you like it.
I did notice the typo from last comment here, and I tried to update it from the back-end, but it seems @hackernoon wouldn’t update automatically from the front-end. it might be a bug or something, hope @hackernoon team can fix it ASAP.

actually, @hackernoon didn’t update my published article ( I am not sure why).

I also post this article in Medium (they do have better editting platform and publishing flow, sorry, @hackernoon), you can check it out here.