In Math We Trust. Do You? Or Should You?

In Math We Trust. Do You? Or Should You?

A few days ago, one of my favorite artists, Carlos Cruz-Diez, passed away. He is considered one of the fathers of kinetic art, which plays with the viewer’s perspective to provide the illusion of movement. He had a scientific, almost mathematical, approach to art and did a lot of research on the physics and the physiology of color perception.

As you conclusded, I too believe the major hurdle is psychology. We often tend to relate blockchain to cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrencies to scams and hacks. That’s what causing the major resistance. As per my knowledge, experimenting or implementing blockchain is not banned anywhere. Yes, a cryptocurrency, which might be required to fuel the system, is banned across various nations. But anyway, let’s be thankful that adoption is happening at a faster pace than was expected some three years ago.

Ooh, please, not again. Private blockchains hardly qualify as blockchains. They are sure helping the trade and finance sector benefit from the use cases of a blockchain, but at what cost? Decentralization?

This isn’t what was envisioned about blockchains. How come a blockchain do any good if the data can be tweaked by getting together the countable few validators?

How is that different from today’s system? Not decentralized, not blockchain. Period.

Blockchain has a lot of potential, but it has a problem with its primary feature: data storage. Blockchains need to be tweaked in a way so that they can better handle bigger amounts of data. And once that is done, the potential of blockchain would increase multi-folds.