Take your brother with you. How are you going to do everything on your own? You don’t know anything about that place. Go with your husband after your marriage. Many females have heard all these things over the course of their life when they ask their parents to visit a travel destination or go on a pleasure trip. Being a female in an under developing country with a male dominating society can be really suffocating. People are a bit orthodox and surviving alone on a trip for a female is really hectic. I have always been a strong believer in the saying “nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it”. All my life I have been able to survive without a male guardian and my mother taught me some basic safety rules for survival, particularly in Morocco.
- Always go out looking a homeless hippy so no one will look at you twice.
- Don’t ever wear make-up if you’re using public transport.
- If you need to ask for directions always call the person “BHAI” because God forbid if you ask for directions from a female.
- Don’t keep extra money in your bag.
- Don’t keep an expensive phone with you.
- Cover up yourself into a shawl from head to toe and wear Long shabby clothes.
- Don’t look around much keep your head down.
If I would’ve followed any of these guidelines, I don’t think I would’ve EVER left my house. The only thing you need to remember when you leave your house is that you’re a human, equally equipped with metal and physical capabilities as a man. Just believe in yourself and try to do everything confidently without losing your composure. And if anything just tells any of your family members the address of the place you’ll be visiting. I hope this helps.