How to Get on The Hacker Noon Podcast if You're a Noonies Nominee

Hey there Noonies Nominees,

I’m so excited by your interest in the Hacker Noon podcast - thank you so much for the enthusiasm!

We’ve got A LOT more willing interviewees than any of our calendars allow, so: I’ve come up with a solution to:

(a) scale this effort, and

(b) give absolutely everybody who’s keen for some airtime equal opportunity to get onto the Hacker Noon podcast.

Here’s how it’ll work:

• TL; DR: You pre-record a few audio files for me (using whichever native app you have on any of your devices) —> I’ll record and cut together an awesome Hacker Noon podcast with YOU in it!

• If you’re interested in being included in 1 (or more) of the 5 podcast concepts below, you can EMAIL natasha@hackernoon.com BY TUESDAY 1 OCTOBER with audio file attachments of yourself, answering any of the questions listed.

• If you’re going to send me recordings: please be sure to start every recording answer with your full name, job title if relevant, and which Noonie/s you’ve been nominated for. (This will make it A LOT easier for me to re-record your personal introduction, and cut the final edits.)

What are the questions you can answer?

01: Hacker Noon’s Big Names in Tech Talk Future Trends for the 2020 Noonies

1.1 What are your top 3 predictions for tech in 2021?
1.2. What should everybody be most excited about, tech-wise, for the future, and why?
1.3. What should everybody be most worried about, tech-wise, for the future, and why?

02: Decentralize All the Things with Hacker Noon’s Blockchain/Crypto Crowd

2.1. So, it’s almost the end of 2020 and blockchain still hasn’t achieved mainstream adoption nor really been proven to solve any problem successfully beyond the bitcoin application… care to change the minds of those arguing it was hype all along?
2.2. Which application of the term ‘decentralization’ are you most excited about right now, and why?
2.3 Which application of the term ‘decentralization’ are you most concerned about right now, and why?

03: Hacker Noon’s Best Discuss Learning to Solve Problems Like a Developer

3.1. What is broken in the state of software development right now?

3.2. What are you currently learning?

3.3. Can you outline your general framework or approach to solving problems?

3.4. What’s the biggest obstacle or challenge you face in your daily work/place and how are you trying to solve it?

04: How Technology Will Save the World with Hacker Noon’s Future Heroes

4.1. Talk me through your ideation process for content/products/services that help make the internet (and world) a better place?
4.2. Which technological development do you think is most important right now and why?
4. 3. If you could put anything on a big billboard anywhere in the world, where would it be and what would it say?

05: Deciding What #BackToTheInternet Even Means with 2020 Noonie Nominees

5.1. Pretend you are President of the Internet for a minute: What would be the opening lines of your State of the Net Speech to your nation of netizens?
5.2. IYHO: Which things make the internet a worse place, and which things make the internet a better place?
5.3. What does it mean to be an Internet Super-User in 2020?

SO, HOW TO GET ON THE HACKER NOON PODCAST?

1. Choose one or more of the above questions to answer.

2. Record your answers to each question in separate audio files.

3. At the beginning of each recording, please state your full name; job title; and which Noonie/s you’re nominated for.

4. Name each audio file with the number of the question you answered + your name, e.g: Natasha Nel 3.1

5. Email natasha@hackernoon.com with your audio files attached BY TUESDAY, 1 OCTOBER ! :rocket:

6. Also attach a headshot of yourself - if you’d like your photo included in promotion!

I’m looking forward to hearing from you and creating something special!

Cheers,
Natasha

Hi Natasha
I like what you’re doing. When I put my thoughts together I will record my thoughts, something for your podcast.
Best
Joseph