“He starts his day with 5am ice baths”

“I feel like if I can will myself to do that thing that seems so small but hurts so much, I can do nearly anything… Nothing has given me more mental confidence than being able to go straight from room temperature into the cold.”
https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-boss-faces-backlash-grim-daily-ritual-tech-ceos-compare-122645907.html

I’m not sure his diet is all that bad. It sounds relatively balanced in terms of macros. It is unconventional to consume all of your calories in a single daily meal while missing a few days per week. But most carnivorous mammals have a similar diet.

The meditation, cold baths, and other daily rituals aren’t how I’d prefer to spend my days. But again, I don’t see anything fundamentally wrong with any of these practices. He isn’t doing anything to violate anyone’s human rights or cause substantial damage to the environment. (with the arguable exception of eating cows) So good for him.

1 Like

I wish there were as many cold/hot spas in the states as there are in Asia. Mental health would improve nationwide.