Hackers and Musicians

Hackers and Musicians

I was lucky enough to be born into a musical upbringing. My dad had played the guitar for 30+ years when I was born, and continued to play with his friends well into my adolescence. He would noodle endlessly, on the same Fender Jazzmaster and Roland amp for years. Although this tapered off, it left me with a hunger for more. What was this musical magic, and how could I wield it?

1 Like

Wow! It’s huuge and wise article.
Great examples and exmplanation.
I dont play any instrument, but love to sign.
And for a lot of cases I’m thinking in “musc bands” terms:

• this startup is similar to Metallica that waited for Hetfield from rehab
  • this band decide to split and not it’s 2 bad bands instead of one that make something custom

Ahh thanks @arthur.tkachenko! I’m glad you enjoyed it. :grin: Thinking about things in musical terms is certainly useful. For example, you can’t have a band with 4 drummers (well, you can, but it’s called “Stomp” and its status as music proper is hotly debated). You need a variety of skills: a vocalist, a guitarist, a bassist, a drummer. Maybe you’re Slipknot and you have 3 drummers, but you still have the other components of the band. Maybe you’re metal :metal: and you have 2 guitarists, one lead and one rhythm. Maybe your band is hip-hop, and you just have a drummer and a vocalist, and that’s enough. There’s more than one way to skin a cat, right? Hopefully that makes sense!

1 Like

@austin totally agree. And it also about synergy, team building, working as team member - because everyone should do his work in sync with other people. So when one is failing something - whole team failed