Future in remote working?

I didn’t think about it from this angle:

2 Likes

Hey @arthur.tkachenko, great article idea. You could go really deep with this one - there are so many fascinating angles to the remote working debate.

My two cents: I first started working remotely 18 months ago, following a relatively huge acquisition event at my old company. Having lived and breathed that team at that office for four years of blood, sweat and tears (quite literally); I was completely burned out and desperate for a break.

So for me, the benefits of remote work for both company and contractor are undeniable because consulting remotely saved my sanity - to begin with. But: about six months in, I realised that - while I was getting pretty good at surfing - I hadn’t been getting good at being a remote team mate.

Because successful remote working demands that you develop a whole new set of skills, especially if you’re in any form of leadership role, or startup, or “turnaround” situation.

I think Scott Hoover sums it up really well in this article: https://hackernoon.com/9-keys-to-remote-freelancing-c060727fda40

Freelancing requires two skills that are almost as important as being [extremely] competent in your trade. One is marketing and the other is project management. …Take your communication skills up several levels. This key is a close cousin to project management, but is big enough to be its own point. A good freelancer must be an exceptional communicator.

1 Like

Hey @arthur.tkachenko!

Thanks for this thread! I’m really looking forward reading your article!

Should you consider addressing the angle of tools that support and empower remote team, let me know.

I’d be thrilled to present you Achieved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read some articles at HN about tools that support work of “remoters” @growth

It’s a great suggestion to put some sort of collection - that save time for people without offices :slight_smile:
Like Trello, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, AirTable, Gmail, etc

1 Like

1 Like

most productive remote teams announced today

2 Likes

It’s because part of the team located in Ukraine @David :slight_smile:

2 Likes

mind-effing-blown!

1 Like