Fortnite And Roblox Are Changing Social Media As We Know It

Fortnite And Roblox Are Changing Social Media As We Know It

Games are becoming the way kids communicate with their friends these days. Much like the previous generation used to do at basketball courts and skate parks.

1 Like

Wow, that Roblox youth market share comScore graph

1 Like

Yup! I was astonished as well the first time I saw it.

I keep saying it over and over again Roblox is not a game, it’s a platform!

This is a huge difference compared to Fortnite or any other MMO game, Roblox as a company is not depended on anyone specific game being played on their platform. It’s like if you combined Facebook and Unity/Unreal and gave it to kids to build, share and play on a millions of basketball courts.

2 Likes

I was amazed at how many viewing hours the kids under 13 are investing watching Fortnite on Twitch in the last 90 days. That is amazing to me. That’s a lot of hours.

I’m also very interested in the psychology behind the games and how they have been built to give the kids this experience.

It really reminds me of the movie “Ready Player One”. Maybe that really isn’t too far off for us.

1 Like

Indeed! I think it’s inevitable that the Ready Player One future will become a reality at some point. In some shape or form.

True indeed. I asked my 11 year old “who builds the games”, is it the developers? He promptly informed me that no, they built Roblox, we build the games. The Lua based syntax makes creating your own games more accessible to kids.

Heck they even have a Developer Exchange (DevEx) program that monetizes building!

2 Likes