Don't hit that tweet button

don’t hit that tweet button. you’re on hackernoon.com but if you click that button it will copy and paste a link to a different URL.

when you don’t pay for your software, it will change without your consent.

using medium’s content management system was a fun, questionable and long journey. if they want to take more traffic from twitter they can. ho hum. it’s just another thing not working on this site. it’s just another way we can make a better working site. low hanging fruit. when you share a hackernoon 2.0 story, it will actually link to the site it’s published on.

Anyways, traffic remains steady. Over 200k daily readers & 8M monthly pageviews in January.

Great quote! This makes me wonder: what guarantees can we offer to Hacker Noon readers and authors, who aren’t going to pay for access to Hacker Noon 2.0?

I’d like to do things differently than most tech companies here – you know that saying, “if you don’t pay for the product, you are the product”? I want to think of our community as people, not products. :slight_smile:

I think we can offer some basic guarantees, like “we won’t purposefully take away your revenue stream”. Or “we won’t do shady stuff with links to your posts”, like you mentioned. Maybe our official motto is “don’t be an asshole”.

I’m being a bit flippant with that last idea, but in all seriousness, I believe it’s a good value to have. “Don’t purposefully treat people badly,” would be another way to word it. Or, to quote Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, “be excellent to each other!”

1 Like
1 Like