Dear Young Entrepreneurs: Skip College, Do This

Dear Young Entrepreneurs: Skip College, Do This

When I see a stereotypical graduation ceremony photo, I think to myself: “I hope the 6 years and $100,000 of debt was worth it.”

1 Like

The good thing about going to college is the networking that you can build.

I agree that debt is a bad thing. But it’s hard advice by my opinion.
Actually, I have the same feeling, but what if someone is not very pushy, and he will drop out and then will have years of problems… It’s a hard thing, so I will advice to drop only if you ready to suck for years, but have an ability to learn a real experience, and maybe, just maybe, have a propability to succeed.

Appreciate the comment Bruno! I thought the same before I attended college (and while in college). It was awesome to be able to network with professors in different fields, students, alumna, and even the college president. But when I went into entrepreneurship, my networking opportunities grew infinitely. It was insane. All of a sudden I was regularly talking to millionaire CEOs and founders, philanthropists, inventors, and even some billionaires. Sure, the experience will vary for every entrepreneur - but I got a lot more networking done traveling the world meeting entrepreneurs than I did sitting in classrooms.

Thanks for the input Arthur! I agree that dropping out can end up in a lot of trouble for people who aren’t prepared. But I’m talking to the entrepreneurs. The ones who thrive in risk and grow stronger from failure. Dropping out definitely isn’t for everyone.

I was fired from university twice, so i’m part of dropout club. I just see that a lot of young people have dreams and wishes(aka I will be a rock star). but when it come to hard work, learning - people tend to change their direction.

I also see that a new gen - i’m talking about tech students that contacted me - they actually more focused and ready to hustle. I mean in their age I want to have a new converse pair and play FIFA
I think it’s part of acceleration process of new gen.

From the other side, our civilization giving a lot of perks, and many people don’t need to push very hard (i.e your family giving you money, so you don’t need to work as waiter).

I think it’s important to have your own path and if you decide - to make a move like droping college. But it depends on your ‘psychotype’.

Same problem with fear to dissapoint your family