Creating Online Courses in 2019? And, Why Every Programmer/Blogger should Create One?

Creating Online Courses in 2019? And, Why Every Programmer/Blogger should Create One?

As a mentor and author of a programming blog, I often receive queries like should software engineers create an alternative source of income, or should developer create their own blog or website?

1 Like

Nice article!
Very inspiring.

I don’t recommend Skillshare - based on my 1y experience there.

Right now I’m trying to get most from Udemy. Revenue is low, but i setup a great process that help me to release few courses per month(if I don’t stuck).

I still think that the best way is to have your own lake, rather than try to compete at ocean, but for this moment - Udemy have my hopes. I still need to market my course, make a lot of moves that will bring people to my stuff, but it will help me later when I’ll have a separated space for teaching students.

About tools and other - if you want - you can do everything with your current env, you don’t need to buy anything. My first course was filmed on my headphone mic, i was forced to re-film it few times because my sound system generate a buzz on video, I have so shitty camera, that is look like from 18 century. And I use Chrome Loom extension for creating and keeping my videos.

For content and storing vids i use GitHub.

1 Like

That’s great arthur, I would love to know more about your process and what you are doing to market your courses.