Cloud Computing is Replete with Clouded Judgements #BreakTheChain

Cloud Computing is Replete with Clouded Judgements #BreakTheChain

We are banking online, shopping online, using social networking sites, playing online games, storing photos, audio, and video online and using online file-sharing. And mostly all those services are cloud-based. For example, such famous platforms as Airbnb, PayPal, Zynga, Spotify and Adobe Systems are “cloudy”.

Hi @alexandra!

Always good to get a refresher on Cloud Computing, so thank you!

Two questions:

• I saw in one of the screenshots it said “LaaS”: what does it stand for and what is it?
  • Do you have any resource suggestions for understanding hybrid vs. multicloud better?

Thanks!

Hi, @ michtheg!

Thank you for the feedback, it is always a great pleasure to know someone is interested in :slight_smile: I am happy to answer you (and a little bit confused, haha :slight_smile: ). LaaS… Lazy-alexandra-ashamed-Strongly… That is a misprint, originally it was IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service). I’ll change the image as soon as possible. Thank you so much for noticing that mistake!

About the second question. Be honestly, while I was writing this article the question ‘what the difference between hybrid vs multicloud’ turned to a real brainstorm for me :). And I haven’t met a comparative analysis that will be clear for me. So I really can’t advise you something - that’s a pity! I think that the main bug is to compare these definitions as mutually exclusive, arranged on the same plane. I consider MULTICLOUD concept is a general tech phenomenon of applying varied cloud environments in varied ways, while HYBRID is only one of such implementation models. I don’t like the term ‘hybrid’ at all. But as we already have this definition and a hundred interpretations, I lean toward to this one: hybrid cloud defined as “the practice of integrating one public cloud, and one or more private or on-premises clouds”, while multi-cloud is about “managing resources across two different clouds or more, regardless of location (i.e. multiples of public and/or private cloud; a mix of on-premises and public cloud with integrated platforms)”. And what do you think about those terms?