Announcing SSO for the Hacker Noon Community!

*** you can create your account @ auth.hackernoon.com ***

We are proud to announce single sign-on (SSO) with Hacker Noon 2.0! This change will create an account for you in Hacker Noon 2.0 with a few clicks. This is important because:

(1) your community.hackernoon.com and your upcoming hackernoon.com account will be one united account, &

(2) in the sign up flow you can request the username of your choosing (barring some obvious exceptions, like @google, @existingcontributors, etc.).

Unfortunately, this progress comes at a minor inconvenience to our beta users. If you already have an account on community.hackernoon.com, you’ll have to reset your password to sign in. This is because we don’t have access to your original password (as it should be).

To recover your account:

• Click the “Login” button at the top right of this page, you will then be directed to a signup/login page.
  • Then look for the link that says “Recover your password”, right below the sign up form. Sorry for the inconvenience!

We’re excited to bring you into the Hacker Noon 2.0 fold. Join us, and request your handle today!

17 Likes

pinned globally #2
0 Likes

I was able to reset my password without issue.

4 Likes

Had no trouble resetting my password. Looking forward to HN 2.0!!

2 Likes

Done resetting password, waiting for Hackernoon 2.0

2 Likes

Done, very smooth experience! Thank you!

2 Likes

Just small note - i was not log out automatically from my Chrome session, Linux. maybe it’s important. Yeah, i reset my pass now. Login form looks crazy. Maybe it should also have some 8-bit music as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really liked the design of the login page :smile:

3 Likes

Question: How or can i invite my friend to join this forum? He’s author too - should he use the same email that he using for Medium or right now bound between Medium and HN completely removed?

1 Like

Since we opened up the site to the public and switched to single sign-on, invites are no longer enabled. Your friend can visit community.hackernoon.com, click “Get started” at the top-right, and they’ll be able to create an account with whichever email they prefer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like