Alternative Avenues to Raise Funds as a DApp Developer in 2020

Alternative Avenues to Raise Funds as a DApp Developer in 2020

Admit it! Startups are hard, why? Because in startup space we are looking at a problem that no one is solving or an incumbent is making lives miserable there and we improve the state, we add value, we find a new business model while doing so and somehow make that startup - now turned into a business - self sustainable!

Thanks for the article - I find it honest and informative.
My question - besides getting funds for development, from all of the coins that you are familiar with which ones do help with promoting and/or marketing new Dapps?

Thanks for appreciating the article. The problem with decentralization is people want to build the base layer and want to out-source the rest of it - as mentioned in the article. The common theme among what these base layer guys want and like is a whole lot different. They would want a number of things in RFQs or hackathon bounties but would like what actually closely align to their own project’s or personal goals. So, at the end of the day, for example, Blockstack, I found only one mention of one app in the founder’s twitter account out of nearly 400 apps that were or are part of the program. The ask there is to bring out a decentralized Facebook to get marketing by the Blockstack, on the founder’s end that is a difficult task. Similarly, I worked with a layer 2 ETH based Defi grant, they were coming up with a competition to another new platform, even after 2 months and completely exhausting the grant they wanted me to go on without any fuel because they weren’t feeling ready to market the product themselves.

So, to answer your question, you should really ask and judge the response of the project’s core team, do they actually want what you are building? If yes, then what kind of marketing muscle they have?