About the Random category

Random Tech Thought? This must be the place.

“Betting on the success of innovative technologies in the marketplace can carry all the uncertainty and risk that betting on the next card in the deck does at a blackjack table in Las Vegas. There is a factor of randomness that must be factored in, but precisely how to do so is anyone’s guess.”

— Henry Petroski

“I think we’re going to the moon because it’s in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It’s by the nature of his deep inner soul… we’re required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream.”

—Neil Armstrong

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

—Buddha

“We were all told in school to write interesting “hooks” at the beginning of essays to get the audience’s attention, but now we’re all pissed off when we see clickbait headlines on news.”

—reddit user /jakus00

“The difference between theory and practice is always greater in practice than in theory.”

— Unknown

“Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.”

— Harold Abelson

“Computers are useless. All they can do is give you answers.”

— Pablo Picasso

“How much for the horse tornado? Sir, that’s a carousel. I must have it.”

— Twitter user @tuxedobarbecue

“The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim.”

— Edsger W. Dijkstra

“The Internet made fame wack and anonymity cool.”

—Frank Ocean

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”

— Albert Einstein

“Before the World Wide Web the Internet really only provided screens full of text (and usually only in one font and font size). So although it was pretty good for exchanging information, and indeed for accessing information such as the Catalogue of the US Library of Congress, it was visually very boring…”

— Historian Ian Peter

“I guess we were kinda poor when we were kids, but we didn’t know it. That’s because my dad always refused to let us look at the family’s financial records.”

— Jack Handey

“You want to know how to rhyme, then learn how to add. It’s mathematics.”

— Mos Def

“We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.” > — Stephen Hawking

“The most important thing is to make the technology inclusive - make the world change. Next, pay attention to those people who are 30 years old, because those are the internet generation. They will change the world; they are the builders of the world.”

— Jack Ma

“I think that novels that leave out technology misrepresent life as badly as Victorians misrepresented life by leaving out sex.”

— Kurt Vonnegut

"Was going to post something on Facebook until I asked myself why.”

— David E. Love

“The reason that schools don’t teach us taxes is that no one actually knows how to do them and we’ve all just been winging it the entire time.”

— Reddit user /RougeJoker

“Technology presumes there’s just one right way to do things and there never is.”

— Robert M. Pirsig

“We make the future sustainable when we invest in the poor, not when we insist on their suffering.”

— Bill Gates

“The technology I like is the American paperback edition of ‘Freedom.’ I can spill water on it, and it would still work! So it’s pretty good technology.”

— Jonathan Franzen

“The Internet is a big distraction.”

—Ray Bradbury

“TV and the press have always functioned according to the same sets of rules and technical standards. But the Internet is based on software. And anybody can write a new piece of software on the Internet that years later a billion people are using.”

—Marc Andreessen

“The Roomba vacuum cleaner just beat me to a piece of popcorn I dropped on the floor & this is how the war against the machines begins.”

— Twitter user @AndyAsAdjective

“Social media, like blogs, are truth-seeking technologies. In fact, the Internet itself is the greatest truth-generating device ever created.”

— Jason Calacanis

“I think socializing on the Internet is to socializing what reality TV is to reality.”

—Aaron Sorkin

“Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.”

— Thomas Edison

“This is the whole point of technology. It creates an appetite for immortality on the one hand. It threatens universal extinction on the other. Technology is lust removed from nature.”

— Don DeLillo

“The internet could be a very positive step towards education, organisation and participation in a meaningful society.”

— Noam Chomsky

" “Meow” means “woof” in cat.” "

— George Carlin

2 Likes